Attah Sisters Helping Hand Foundation (ASHHF) is a non-governmental organization registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2010. The organization is working in the areas of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV), Women Empowerment, Peace Building and Nutrition particularly in the Northern Eastern parts of Nigeria.
A Society with Equal rights and opportunities
Empowering Women, Widows, Youths and Caregivers to improve their living condition and status, integrated services
- To work to protect women and girls from violence, create opportunities for economic independence and decision making.
- To create awareness on Peace Building and conflict resolution
- To facilitate training for community women & youth groups on inclusive leadership and to mitigate the issues of Gender Based Violence
- To empower Households and Caregivers on economic and small skills development
- To train and advice women and youth on matters of Human Rights and Civil participation.
Our Core Values
- Women Empowerment
- Capacity Building
- Mutual Respect
- Respect for Human Rights
Our Intervention Area
- Sexual and Gender Based Violence: Mitigate incidences of rape and other domestic Violence on women and girls, provide services for SGBV survivors and justice served on the perpetrators.
- Economic Empowerment: Improved economic wellbeing and social status of women in project communities in the North-East geo-political zone of Nigeria.
- Governance: Promote women participation in electoral positions and governance, advocate and lobby for Women inclusion in Legislation and Leadership.
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution: Mobilize and maintain support for involvement of women in peace building and conflict resolution in the community.
- Civic Education on Electoral participation processes and procedures
- Education: Improve education and social status of women, children and girls in project communities
Scope of Coverage
The organization covers:
- 20 LGAs of Bauchi State
- Hunkuyi, Kudan Local Government, Kaduna State,
- Otupko Local Government, Benue State.